The Mechanical/Energy Engineer is responsible for project execution and design, participating with projects through whole building audits, financial analysis, proposal preparation and attending business development meetings. Mechanical projects may include the planning and design of HVAC, piping/plumbing, solar thermal, forensic mechanical engineering, mechanical energy optimization, LED retrofits, microturbine and other forms of alternative energy. The position will be responsible for managing multiple projects simultaneously.
Qualified candidates should have a Bachelors degree in mechanical engineering or a similar field from an accredited university and (preferably) a Hawaiian Mechanical Professional Engineer (PE) License (highly preferable). Qualified candidates should have approximately 5 years of technical experience managing complex mechanical projects with an emphasis on mechanical optimization/retrofits, energy/financial modeling, energy savings and energy efficiency; forensic mechanical engineering experience is also preferred. Candidates should have an understanding of electrical engineering as it relates to mechanical and solar systems. Experience and an interest in business development is highly preferred.
1) Licensed ME/PE in Hawaii (nice to have)
2) Have the ability to manage budgets, project manage, and perform high level design and oversight.
3) Solar and other energy efficient design, auditing and financial analysis experience ( a plus)
4) Ability to assist with the development of proposals, as well as, ability to properly price our consulting services
5) Experience level: 5 years plus
6) Due diligence experience – ability to assist existing systems and recommend repairs
7) Good handle of current construction and repair costs associated with mechanical work
8) Experience with working with both Private section and Public Sector Clients