A National Interiors Architecture Firm has a career opportunities for a Interior Project Designer in their Culver City office.
As a Designer, you will be responsible for creating production documents for schematic design through construction administration.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment. Limited travel may include attending meetings and work sessions in other Offices, Client Offices, or Job Site. Mileage will be reimbursed at predetermined market rate. Individual must possess a valid California driver’s license with a good driving record and have reliable transportation.
- 2-5 years’ experience
- Works under the direction of Senior Designer and Designer II
- Assist Senior Designer and Designer II with development of design solutions, researches and selects colors/finishes/materials
- Performs site surveys and maintains resources materials
- Applies established interior design standards
- Performs routine checking and or verification tasks
- Assists with finish boards and power points
- Proficient in computer aided drawing, presentation tools and basic office software’s
- Has exposure to interior design specifications, calculations and industry standards
- Has exposure to submittal process; coordinates with Senior Designer and Job Captain for review of basic finish submittals and millwork drawings
- Proficient in 3D Skills (Sketch-up or equal)
- Assists in preparation of space plan, pricing plan, contract documents and specifications under supervision of Job Captain I & II
- Provides technical support and CAD drafting.
- Thorough knowledge of firm wide CAD and drafting standards.
- Can accurately document field conditions to complete pricing plans and construction drawings
- Understands how to calculate square footage RSF & USF per BOMA
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Prepares marketing plans
- Understands programming
- Understands basic sizes of office, millwork & furniture
- Ability to develop a pricing plan from a space plan
- Ability to prepare complete CD’s
- Ability to understand the plan check process
- Understands basic exiting codes and minimum clearances
- Actively pursues continued professional design educational development