A multi-disciplinary firm is currently seeking an EA to assist the Principal at our Bay Area Headquarters. This individual will assist with scheduling of project meetings, making travel arrangements in addition to other responsibilities and will work closely with other departments and divisions across the company.
Responsibilities may include managing travel for executives and branch offices to include coordination of schedules, flights, hotels and cars. This includes research and comparison of airfare, connection cities, carriers, hotels and auto rentals to find the best costs and schedules for employee travel requirements. As a detailed and thorough planner, they will facilitates employee business travel while managing vendor relationships. This position also provides assistance to the Palo Alto office staff and Executive Assistant to support Principals in handling multiple priorities. S/he oversees high level strategic administrative functions throughout the office. An effective and efficient team player, they will assist in project overflow and work assignments.
-Assist with project plans and schedules, compilation of field notes and document management
-Assist in preparing project correspondence including letters, findings reports, checklists, and similar project documents
-Prepare and review project documents and change orders
-Maintain project files and contracts
-Track project documentation and coordinate project communication
-Prepare for meetings, including meeting scheduling, agendas, etc.
-Keep and maintain calendars and schedules in Outlook
-Make travel reservations for executives, clients and staff
-Manage receipts, reconcile expenses and create expense reports
-Type correspondence and reports.
-Additional projects as assigned by principal/executive
- 1-5 years of direct experience coordinating travel in a large corporate setting (REQUIRED)
- Experience with an Architecture/Engineering/Construction firm; construction experience HIGHLY preferred
- Purchasing experience with an understanding of American Express and other reward programs.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project (preferably 2007)
- Excellent oral/written communication and analytical skills
- Outstanding organizational, prioritization, and multitasking skills
- Self-starter with ability to accept responsibility for projects and see them through to completion
- Ability to work as individual contributor and contribute as part of a larger project team
- Willingness and desire to learn and apply new concepts to assignments and projects
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to interact with all levels and departments including corporate headquarters and branch offices across multiple states