Assistant Project Manager
The Asst Project Manager is responsible for managing assigned construction projects, including the scheduling, coordinating and monitoring of project activity, and for ensuring that the projects are completed within budget and on schedule. This leadership position mentors project team members including project engineers, quality control personnel and project coordinators. Essential Job Functions include:
- Implements and maintain the site specific injury and illness prevention program and quality control plan on construction projects.
- Oversees or perform the selection of subcontractors and completion of contract arrangements. Review and approve proposed materials and shop drawings from subcontractors and suppliers.
- Prepares and update the project schedule using Primavera P6.
- Implements Lean Construction and the Last Planner System on construction projects.
- Ensures that all required project management/administrative prerequisites (i.e., cash flow plans, subcontractor lists, submittal/procurement logs, etc.) are prepared and submitted while ensuring these plans are properly administered, submittals are expedited, received, logged and approved.
- Collaborates with the Project Superintendent in overseeing the delivery of materials to the jobsite.
- Monitors construction activities, resolve problems and issues which arise. Prepare and provide monthly project status reports, project billings, and provide other information as required to keep project oversight and client properly informed.
- Meets with owner representatives, subcontractors and the architect/engineer to review the progress of the job and discuss and resolve problems and issues that arise.
- Supervises and collaborate with the Superintendent in conducting the substantial completion inspection and ensure that “punch list” items are completed. Ensure that close-out documentation is submitted.
Job requirements include a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Project Engineer/Manager, and a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university. Candidate should have knowledge and ability to coordinate detailed planning efforts for construction projects including schedules and estimates. Ideal candidates will also possess the following attributes:
- Proficiency in Primavera P6, Viewpoint, Bluebeam, Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong communication and writing skills are essential
- Experience with Lean Construction and the Last Planner System
- LEED accredited professional
- DBIA certification (not a must)
- Experience with Multi-Family/podium construction
- Other preferred skills include creative problem solving, team leadership, strong organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as a positive, “can-do” attitude.
- Must be able to exercise sound judgment and problem solving skills and develop effective proactive solutions;
- Must be able to collaborate effectively in a team environment;
- Must be able to complete work in a timely, organized manner;
The above information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. This description should not be interpreted as a comprehensive job description of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees to this job.