The Project Accountant is a key part of the revenue team. Project Accountants are responsible for managing all contractual and financial details of a set of projects from start to finish. As such, this position will be responsible for any combination of the following actvities:
- Setting up contracts with clients
- Managing project related expenditures (invoices, labor time) and producing invoices to clients
- Journal Entries to accrue or defer revenue to the correct time period
- Working closely with project managers to ensure that all project related support is in place (contracts, change orders, invoicing, expenses, etc.)
- Working closely with clients to ensure that they have everything they need.
- Following up with clients on accounts receivable items
The successful candidate must possess the following attributes and skills:
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to stay organized with multiple projects
- Comfortable working in a team environment that can sometimes be stressful due to monthly close deadlines
- Excellent communication skills with both external and internal customers
- Solid foundation in accounting principles and practice
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong Excel Skills
- Familiarity with Deltek Accounting system a plus, but not a requirement. However, must be able to demonstrate familiarity with a similar accounting system
- Willingness to pitch in and do anything to help the overall Accounting team succeed.